Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Oreo Truffles



No one can deny that Oreo Cookies are uber delicious. So, what could be better than turning them into a truffle?!? Lately I've been really into trying to make different types of chocolates and candies. I first had these truffles at my husband's cousin's wedding. Then, my sister-in-law Joni made them for my other sister-in-law's baby shower. They are fantastic. I dusted mine with cocoa powder, but they would be adorable sprinkled with Oreo crumbs. This made about 42 truffles for me. Next time, I will try to temper my chocolate so that it gets nice and shiny and won't get so soft at room temperature. If your chocolate chips are a little too thick, add about 1-2 Tbsp. vegetable oil per 1 cup of chocolate chips until desired consistency is reached. Here is the recipe from Joni:

Oreo Truffles

8 oz block of cream cheese, at room temperature
1 package of regular Oreo Cookies
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips

Twist apart Oreo cookies. Scrap out cream filling and place in mixing bowl. Crush cookies in ziplock bag with a rolling pin. Add to bowl with oreo cream filling. Add cream cheese and vanilla. Beat with mixture until no white remains. Roll into balls and place on parchment paper or wax paper lined baking sheet. Refridgerate for 1 hour. Melt chocolate chips over double boiler or in a microwavable bowl at 30 second intervals stirring until smooth. (Add oil to choclate if necessary to thin out for dipping if chocolate is too thick) Dip or Roll oreo mixture in melted chocolate. Place back on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with cocoa powder or cookie crumbs. Refridgerate until hardened. Store in the refridgerator.




3 comments:

  1. I was talking about these with Angie tonight! She actually dips hers in Chocolate Almond Bark and then drizzles them with white almond bark. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog on the Foodie Blogroll, which I just joined. This post made me happy, because I just made some Oreo Truffles as well, I used white chocolate instead of dark chocolate and they were so delicious. Next time I'll have to see how the dark chocolate tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used dark chocolate for this!This is one easy and delicious treat!I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks! - Alisa@Foodista

    ReplyDelete