Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chocolate Trifle


This Chocolate Trifle is fantastic and a cinch to whip up. You'll have to excuse my not so great pictures. (A new camera is on my to do list, as is a residence with better lighting). This dessert looks super impressive in person. I brought it to my a picnic for my husband's school and people practically licked the bowl clean and I got oodles of compliments on how great it looked. Sadly, that day I forgot to take a picture because we were running late. But, I made it again for a presentation my husband did at school and there were no leftovers to be had.

This dessert starts with brownies, and you can use any brownie recipe you like. You want a brownie that isn't super fudgy for this, otherwise you'll have a mouth full of goo while eating this. You want a nice moist cakey brownie for this. Not too dry, not too fudgy is the way to go for this dessert. Then these wonderful brownies are layered amongst fantastic chocolate pudding-based mousse like filling and cool-whip. Yum, Yum, Yum!! Next time I make this, I would really like to try it with homemade whipped cream instead of cool-whip. But don't worry, the cool-whip tastes great in this. Your taste buds will be thank you for making this one.


Chocolate Trifle

1 9x13 pan of brownies, cooled and cut into 1 inch squares
1 (3.9 0z) package instant Jello Chocolate Pudding
1/2 c. water
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
1 (12 oz.) tub Cool Whip, thawed
1 (1.5 oz) bar chocolate or crumbled Oreos

In large bowl combine pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth. Fold in 8 oz. Cool Whip, until no streaks remain.

In trifle bowl, place half of brownies in bottom. Top with half of pudding mix, followed with half of the 12 oz container of Cool Whip. Repeat layers with remaining brownies, pudding mix and ending with remaining Cool Whip. Chill for 8 hours. Garnish with shaved chocolate or crumbled Oreos. Serve in bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment